Tuesday, June 07, 2005

hawaii picnic

there's one thing that EVERYone from hawaii knows: that we know how to fucking EAT. all we care about is fucking grinding some ono ass grindz.* the 20th annual hawaii picnic in central park was held yesterday on a beautiful (but really fucking hot) sunny day. though, what i really took from yesterday, is that i think i've actually rid of my homesickness. i mean, of COURSE i'll ALWAYS be semi-homesick, but i wasn't exactly "sad," after all these reminders of what once was my home. don't get me wrong, hawaii will ALWAYS be a huge part of me, my life, and who i am but it's definitely not what i call "home" anymore. as much as i cherish & love all my mostly wonderful memories of my childhood & teenage years, i couldn't be happier ... period... (well, that's a lie. i would be happy if i actually finished my homework -- that i should get back to.)

anyway, mindi and emily (another hawaii chick) joined in on the fun (and later, her roommate, anna).


mindi, anna & emily listening to the hawaii jams



sorry, i was a bit late in getting a photo of all the food before shamu attacked



a beautiful day in central park with choke** hawaii peeps



hula dancers. i suppose that's how i learned how to shake my ass...


---------------

*grinding some ono ass grindz: eating (grinding) some yummy (ono) ass food (grindz)

**choke: a lot, plenty (or plenny/planny if you wanna say it the hawaii pidgin way), many (or much if you wanna say it the hawaii pidgin way -- one of the many things i had to learn when i first moved here -- that much doesn't always quite work in every sentence. yes, i know, i sound dumb now, but i promise you this is a very common thing. must i defend myself with another pidgin-to-english blog??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home