Thursday, January 27, 2005

bob

do you know that my entire life of growing up in hawaii i NEVER once listened to bob marley? or any reggae, for that matter. in FACT, i would TEASE all my friends that did, calling them "jawaiians".... ?? some word me & nicole made up for all the super "local" people that jammed to local music & reggae & the likes. (we were never really all that "local")

WELL.. now whenever i hear mr. bob, i get this funny smile on my face, as it makes me think of all my fabbie friends back in the 808. and guess what weirdo also has a TON of mr. marley on her computer..... fyi -- none of which i've actually paid for. just uploaded it all from my friend.

actually, one time, (at band camp) faye & i were at bs and i think 'could you be loved' came on the muzak and i started cracking up out of nowhere (no one else was around). faye was quite puzzled as to why i was laughing so uncontrollably and (once i finally half-stopped laughing) i said, "doesn't this remind you of being in the back of a pick-up truck in hawaii?" and she just looked at me like i had 5 heads and then laughed -- at me. N-E-WAY... that's exactly how i feel whenever i hear the bob.

IN FACT, when i ran into emily on new year's eve, that song came on and she said, "wait, are we in hawaii?" so you see, it's clearly a universal feeling amongst expat hawaii folks....

1 Comments:

Blogger Marissa said...

Let me just say, that us Minnesotans have a fondness for Bob too! Maybe it's because with all the snow we grew up with, we needed a way to make us feel like we were warm in Jamaica and on the beach! Your comment on my blog made me cry! I loved it! I feel the same way, and even though we're both busy (which is a good thing, means we're successful!) we need to see each other WAY more often! I love you, Jax, and treasure your friendship!!!!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home