Wednesday, February 09, 2005

accountant

i am so completely terrified of calling my accountant... i know i have to do it soon because if i don't, she's going to tell me she's NOT doing my taxes, as i have SO MUCH CRAP for 2004. i've already been charged $50 more than the norm last year because i "had a lot." well, if i "had a lot" last year.......hmpf.....well...um.....she...uh...yikes...yeah........crap. she might be like, "we just raised our rate to $1,000. you can handle that, right?" fuck. i'm so scared. i *meant* to organize all my receipts for her, i swear i did. SWEAR! but...one month goes by...then two...then five...then eight...then it's 2005...shit! oh worse..now it's FEBRUARY of 2005.....

granted, the woman got me a shitload of money back last year so whatever she wants to charge me is soooooooo worth it. but i'm just scared beyond belief -- not of what she'll charge me, no, but how she'll react to all my crap. and actually, seeing as i'm INCOME-less (or at least STEADY income-less), it wouldn't hurt to get that nice fatola-check-full of $$. though, i didn't give the ol' IRS all that much $ last year. yikes. maybe i should be scared.

on a side note: if you're a do-it-yourselfer, i *highly* recommend using an accountant. i was always a do-it-yourselfer, but finally used an accountant for the first time last year and *oh boy* was i happy. NEVER doing-it-myself AGAIN! whatever your whatever accountant wants to whatever charge you, it's so worth every single penny and more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindi said...

Argh, I organized my tax stuff this weekend and I am so scared I owe money. Taking your advice and going to an accountant.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home